My sweet baby girls. We are so blessed to be women. And on that note, please remember to always be yourself and do what YOU want. Here are a few tips to help you make it through this life as a bad-ass woman:
1. Chocolate is only a temporary fix.
2. A properly-fitting bra is not a luxury. It is a necessity.
3. Your happiness is your happiness and yours alone.
4. How to apply red lipstick.
5. How to wear the crap out of red lipstick.
6. A boyfriend does not validate your existence.
7. Eat the extra slice of pizza.
8. Wear what makes you feel gracefully at ease.
9. Love the world unconditionally.
10. Seek beauty in all things.
11. Buy your friends dinner when you can.
12. Wear sunscreen like it’s your second job.
13. Try with all your might to keep in contact with far-away friends.
14. Make the world feel at ease around you.
15. Walk with your head up.
16. Order a cheeseburger on the first date if you want to.
17. Never, ever bite your nails.
18. Swipe on some lipstick, put on your leather jacket, and sneak into a bar somewhere – but NEVER drink and drive.
19. Learn from your mistakes that night.
20. Dental hygiene is not multiple choice.
21. Your GPA is not a confession of your character.
22. There is strength in feeling your feelings and breaking down.
23. You don’t have to like yoga, but it might make you feel better.
24. Pick a tea.
25. Take care of your feet.
26. Pick a perfume.
27. Even if you’re tall, wear the heels anyway.
28. Classy is a relative term.
29. Drink whiskey if you like whiskey.
30. Drink wine if you like wine.
31. Like what you like.
32. Offer no explanation – Like Hepburn said, “Never complain. Never explain.”
33. Aleve and Powerrade.
34. You are no less of a woman when you’re in sweats and gym shoes than a woman in stilettos and a pencil skirt.
35. A woman is a woman is a woman.
36. Love your fellow woman with all your heart and soul – don’t hate and don’t envy; it looks bad and only hurts you.
37. Cry, uninhibited, with your friends.
38. Laugh until you can’t breathe with your friends.
39. Tell me everything -I’m your mom and will always be your best friend.
40. Exercise to be strong and healthy. A beautiful soul needs a sturdy vessel.
41. There is no shame in hoping for love.
42. My cooking is the best cooking.
43. Do not take sex lightly.
44. I mean it.
45. Anna Karenina. It would be wise for all of us to read it.
46. The world spins on the principle of inherent tragedy.
47. Do not be blind to it.
48. Men are effectively idiots until the age of 40. And even then, they need a good woman to take care of them. But they also need to step it up. Remember, you need care too.
49. Carbohydrates are not the enemy.
50. Involve yourself in an organized activity of your choosing.
51. Listen to classical music occasionally.
52. Take hot baths.
53. Buy yourself girly things, such as lotions, Hello Kitty and purses.
54. You are more than capable.
55. I promise.
56. Smile often, but don’t smile if you don’t mean it. Be true, even if it means feelings get hurt (but don’t be mean – there’s a balance).
57. Mean your anger. Mean your sadness. Mean your pain.
58. I am always, always listening.
60. Be smart and sharp – always know your surroundings and be prepared for the worst to happen.
61. Make me proud.
62. Make me worry but in a good way.
63. Come home smelly, tired, and with a good story.
64. Life is about entrances and exits.
65. Always see the bright side and make the best out of terrible situations.
66. Well-fitting and modest is ALWAYS sexier than too small and tight (but there’s a time for small and tight 😉
67. Who cares if glitter isn’t tasteful? It’s fun!
68. It’s too much eyeliner if you have to ask.
69. Learn to bake and don’t forget the flour in the cookies!!
70. Humility and subservience are not synonyms.
71. Wash your face every night and always use moisturizer.
72. Be gentle with your skin.
73. Science is really cool.
74. So is literature.
75. Write your thoughts down – always capture the moment.
76. Start learning how to save money – think about saving more than spending.
77. There is no substitute for fresh air.
78. Carry your weight.
79. Make up for it later if you can’t.
80. That salad is not better than pasta and it never will be.
81. You’re fooling no one.
82. Find at least three green vegetables you can tolerate.
83. A smoothie is always good.
84. Expect the best from everyone.
85. Know that people will let you down.
86. Bask in the sun (wearing a sunhat and SPF 90).
87. There is a certain kind of man you need to avoid at all costs.
88. You’ll know it when you meet him.
89. What other people say is right doesn’t always feel right.
90. What feels right is where your happiness is.
91. Give thoughtful gifts.
92. Form an opinion.
93. Stick to it.
94. Exfoliation in moderation.
95. Argue with people when you need to; but pick your battles – don’t by a negative Nancy.
96. If it’s worth fighting for, fight fiercely.
97. Don’t fight for acceptance.
98. You shouldn’t have to.
99. Take pictures, but not too many.
100. Follow your bliss at all costs. (I’m cutting you off at 22, though).
101. Chocolate cake and cupcakes, however, might just be a permanent fix.
I LOVE YOU. YOU ARE MY LIFE. STAY HUNGRY AND DO GOOD!